Saturday, April 05, 2014

Show Your Work

Last night I went to a talk by Austin Kleon, the author of Steal Like an Artist and Show Your Work. He spoke at Town Hall... it was really entertaining and informative. I've read the book, but I think I'm going to read it again (I also bought Steal Like an Artist).

I am feeling really optimistic about things. I don't feel heavy like I did before. I feel good.

I'm going to show my work, but also show other people's work.

Today I am back to ww for my monthly weigh in.. I am going to be up but that is just fine. For a while I couldn't keep the weight on because I was so stressed out. With my improved mood comes an improved appetite. I will take that over the pit in the stomach feeling I had.

I have a poetry date with my friend Michelle Penaloza this afternoon. We are going to eat fish and chips and then write poems. I'm pretty excited about it. I met Michelle when I was on the Long Walk almost two years ago. She's an awesome poet and all around good human being. I am looking forward to channeling some of my current energy into the written word.

Here are a few more drawings I have done. The drawings are opening up things in me that feel good. Yay.





No comments: