Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

my body is killing me. That slip and slide wrecked me. As usual it's the left hip and right shoulder... it's gotten to the point where it's waking me up at night. I also made a mistake and my chiropractic appointment isn't until tomorrow.

Sooo... on the dating front, I responded to some of my emails on the new site. I seem to attract very old men.. which is not necessarily a bad thing but... these are creepy old men. There was an average sort of fella who works on transmissions in Bellevue... maybe I should email him back. The problem is I don't know how to date... I'm pathetic in that sense.

Last night as I was channel surfing I came across the show on TLC called Big Medicine - it's about weight loss surgery. They were talking about a patient of theirs who looked terrific but still thought of herself as a buddy with guys because that's what she had always been. Now, when she was rejected she didn't have the weight to blame it on anymore and dating was becoming an issue. I hope that made sense as I explained it... to get to my point (and I do have one) I can totally relate to her thinking... I was large for so long it was a buffer... I still think of myself as the fat girl even though physically I'm not. I definitely think better of myself but it's been slow going even to get to this point.



Here is a picture of Julie and me (myself??) taken the night before I left Chicago (for those of you underage readers - yes, I was a little bit tipsy but I walked home and didn't drink irresponsibly)... that was one of my best nights in recent memory... I'm working on making other good memories it's just taking a bit....

Well, I better be off. I'm going to exercise with my friend Melinda today... the official weight when I got on the scale this morning was 147.5 (yikes)... I've just got to do what I need to do to get back down to where I need to be. I've been doing the emotional eating hard core for the last few weeks and it's time to stop.

1 comment:

Ahcri said...

I can empathize as far as dating is concerned, Jen. Hang in there! For me I'd rather date few impressive chicks rather than many average ones, but maybe that's the wrong attitude to have; maybe that's what got me to this state!