Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Closing our Gate.



CRAWL SPACE WILL BE CLOSING ITS GATE FOR GOOD...

After six years of curating and producing exhibitions, talks and special programs, the individual artists who run Crawl Space Gallery have decided to disband in order to pursue independent interests. Crawl Space will therefore cease to exist following our final and most ambitious show to date, Stranger Circumstances, opening on November 7th, 2009.

Thank you for your support. We hope you will join us for one last celebration on November 7th at 6pm.


This notice came out yesterday....

I haven't wanted to talk about it much until it was official. Yep, Crawl Space has decided to close its doors.... It's not something that I necessarily wanted, but it's better to close than let it die a slow death... I'm sure I'll talk more about it in the coming weeks. I'm going to miss having a place where I can show my art that doesn't quite fit in a mainstream gallery and I'm also going to miss my friends that I got to see on a regular basis.

On the other hand this get's me off my ass and makes me be more pro-active when it comes to showing my work.

I've been thinking that Crawl Space closing is like a marriage ending (sort of)... not everyone always wants it, but you do what's best for the whole.

This is what was best.

No comments: