Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Crusty II is back!

I am here with Crusty on my lap. She has a new keyboard, bottom case and superdrive.

She sure is beautiful.

I have a few things going on today...

Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale.

Subbing Cycle.

Oh, and there's work.

I have found out that I am in charge of food for the last opening at Crawl Space. I volunteered so that's cool. I am going to head over to Trader Joe's tomorrow night to gather up some goodies for the festivities.

It's sad that the end is coming but it's good that we're closing on a good note. Sometimes I think the Seattle Art Scene really is fluffy. It seems like it want's to be hip but you have to be part of the "in crowd" to get your work shown. It's sad that Crawl Space is going away... I am too old to be a hipster.... it's aggravating. It's times like these I wish Seattle were more like Chicago... more apartment galleries, better opportunities to show your work... less snobbery.

I was rejected for a show I applied to... oh well, got to keep going. I need to get back in the studio and make more things... I've been asked to try and put visuals to some musical pieces my friend Brent gave to me. He's in the Orchestra Philharmonia and they have some videos on Youtube but they don't have any visuals. He asked me if I might like to try and add something. I think I'll get out my video camera (once I get it back from Matt - he borrowed it for the movie his son is making).

Here's a nice photo of the view from my desk at work...



actually it's a view from the conference room window which I sit just outside of.... but I do see this.



I think I'll get going... I should probably check out those art sites I haven't been looking at recently...

Oh, did I tell you that I tried to pay my visa bill by phone and they wanted to charge me 15 bucks to do so? That's just stupid... Bank of America - you should know better. You'd think you'd want to encourage people to go paperless.... right?

No comments: